bathroom ceiling fan timer

bathroom humidity is supposed to be removed by the exhaust fan and I wanted to find out if there is a timer type switch that when my fan is plugged in to a standard (2 prong) outlet, I could install a small device that would shut off the fan after perhaps 20 or 30 minutes.
the reason is so as to not send the cool dry house air outside as there is always a small negative pressure inside the house bathrooms and the air is replaced by taking in some cool air from inside the house.
20 or 30 min of fan runtime should be sufficient after a shower to dry the bathroom.
if there is such a product, kindly provide a link or name, thanks
I use Intermatic wall timers (spring wound 60 minute range) to do what you are suggesting. Works well with about 10 minutes after the shower ends of run time. The timer is about $17 at Lowes. It mounts into the wall box in place of the fan switch.
Minnea wrote:

Howard wrote:

I don't have a switch. Once lights are turned on in bathroom (that's the power for everything inside), the fan activates as the plug socket is now energized. So I would need something simple to connect between the fan plug and ceiling socket
The solution I'm looking for would allow lights to remain on but time the fan
I think you are not telling us everything. Sounds like you have no windows in the bathroom. Fan goes on with light in such a situation.

Minnea wrote:

Just because you can get one doesn't mean you should. How much humid air is going to reach the rest of the house when you open the door to leave the bathroom?
RayV wrote:

relative humidity (saturated). My fan is 70 cfm and many are 100 cfm. So how long will it take to move the bath air out into the infinite sync outside. You'll increase the world's RH by .00001%, but your bathroom will go down to 50% in that time (rule of thumb).
RayV wrote:

that wasn't the goal here or the problem. the solution I wanted was to minimize sending expensive air-conditioned air outside via the fan. if you know of such a product or ideas I welcome them.

I replaced the bathroom wall switches with timer switches. They automatically turn off from anything up to 30 minutes. They are GE brand. Bought them at Big Lots for a couple bucks each, installs in less than 5 minutes.

I have been looking for a shut off timer like this for the past few years. Unfortunately, there is no such product.
The only solution is to buy a wall timer, a junction box, a receptacle, a power cord and put them together. It cost about $25 and an hour of labor.
peter wrote:

Are you looking for that, <http://www.rewci.com/fandetisw.html
i bought 2 of them ...
$35 for a 1 hour delayed turnoff???? Only a few minutes are needed.
gorain pascal wrote:

Stubby wrote:

Yes, and ??? It's not only for humidity but also odor !!! and right now my tempo is 15 minutes.
this switch has 3 positions 1) light and fan on 2) light and fan off 3) light off and fan on tempo
so you can choose to use the fan or not when you leave ....