Bath Tubs

Ok, guts, just bought a brand new soaker tub, 5 1/5 feet long, knocked out walls to get it in, but its just sitting there......I am not sure of all the do's and don'ts.
I am good a plumbing, and many other house hold things, however I have never put in a standard tub by myself before, just looking for general direction.
Thanks
JT
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:53:04 -0500, DES wrote:

I would check with the manufacturer to see what their recommended installation procedure is for that tub. Once upon a time, I've laid wet concrete to sit the bottom of the tub in. Provided great support, but also needed a floor with good support for the extra weight of the concrete. That was also an institutional application. I have seen more recent tubs with wood frames that get atteched directly to the floor.
Good luck,
Carolyn