Bath Fitters

Hello,

Has anyone ever used Bath Fitters or a similar company (home depot does it to). We only have one bathroom and repping out the tub and tile would cause some problems so I'm thinking of Bath Fitters. Im just not sure about covering a porcelain tub and ceramic tile with plastic.

any comments please.......

thanks

BM

Reply to
BMzx

They are very fast, not cheap, and you wind up with a clean looking plastic tub and surround. IMHO, if you only have one bathroom, I'd want it to be tile with a cast iron tub

Reply to
RBM

Why? I'd dearly love to rip out my tile and replace it with something with radically fewer seams. (I'd also like to get rid of my tub and have just a shower, but I realize I'm a little odd there.)

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Rather than Bath Fitters (which puts a "tub liner" around your tub), I went with a company that did the epoxy re-coating of the tub. It came out amazing, in any color we wanted (we chose boring white), and took one day to work as this was our only full bathroom.

The total cost for a 5' high tub/shower surround was about $400.

Reply to
Andrew Duane

I'm with you, Cindy. My upstairs bathroom has a bathtub (no shower) and we call that the half bath. The downstairs has a fiberglass stall shower and wall paper instead of tile, so it's very easy to maintain and clean.

Reply to
<h>

That&#39;s one reason I haven&#39;t hired them. I can&#39;t afford to lose even a half inch since my tub is already shorter than I want.

How long have you had this?

Reply to
mm

Fundamentally, I agree with you. I haven&#39;t taken a bath since I was a kid, but with only one bathroom, I think for resale, you&#39;re almost obligated to at least install a tub. While plastic tubs and surrounds clean up easily , they do have that "motel" look

Reply to
RBM