Bath fan replacement

Hi, I will be replacing the bath ceiling exhaust fan in my daughter's condo. I already took out the original one,which was motorless (?). Anyway, any tips on getting the new one up there, since I only have the 8 X 8 opening to work with? Thanks, Chas

Reply to
Chas12

It is possible that they have a remote fan possibly serving a number of sources? Of course it could also be possible that the fan died and someone just took it out.

Do you have access to it from above? Does it have a duct that you can connect to?

I suggest that you look for a quiet fan and go for the little extra quality. It does make a difference.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Thanks,

The original was 'motorless", I guess someone pulled it out when it stopped working and didn't bother replacing it. I took the whole housing down because it was a mess. There is a 3" flex duct, and wiring, which we already changed over to a wall mounted switch. Chas

Reply to
Chas12

look into the panasonic fans. i replaced both my bath fans and i am happy with them. they are very quiet.

Reply to
jdk

buy a quality fan. Panasonics are what I use and are GREAT! Very quiet fans and look like they a built to last.

Reply to
BocesLib

I will second that.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

a similar question- I'm looking at doing the same thing in my bathrooms (2).

However, it appears that the replacements will have to be the same size as what is currently in the ceiling. If I decide on Panasonic, I'm not sure they would have the same size units as I currently have.

My current fans are Nutone combination fan, light, heater.

I will second that.

Reply to
stevie

unless you get the same model chances are you will have some drywall patching. i had to patch my ceiling.

Reply to
jdk

Ironic brand name, though. ;-)

It started out with consumer audio products, as a brand owned by Matsushita Electronics, IIRC, then branched out. I don't know who owns or makes Panasonic branded products now.

But the name literally implies everything but silent.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Our youngest son went to regular grade school with one of the big wigs son's....right here in the good ole USA

Regular people, albeit the family is insanely rich.....kinduva a reality check at a young age for my son at an early age is all, so far as I can figure.

...LOL....

As a kindergartner, the kid was intensely focused on making sure that his last name was pronounced correctly...

Reply to
PrecisionMechanical

Kinda like tryingna say "Matsushita potatoes"....least it always sounded that way to me..

Reply to
PrecisionMechanical

In grade school (I forget which grades), I shared a class with Maria Suzuki. I never did ask her if she had any ties with the company or its owners... even at 7 tears old, I was too embarrassed to ask such questions.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

It is pronounced "Matsushita".

Reply to