Basket Weave Pattern for Curved Walkway - 8" x 16" blocks.

SWMBO has got me into trouble again!
We have a sloped walkway down the side of the house made from 8" x 16" patio blocks. It was put in many years ago to to prevent the hill from being washed out every time it rains.
It is 4 blocks wide (2 vertical, 2 horizontal) in your standard basket weave pattern. Here's the problem:
SWMBO wants me to extend the walkway through the yard to the back gate. In fact, she has already bought the blocks and had my sons moved it to the back yard. To do what she has asked, the walkway will have to make an S shaped curve around her gardens. I know I am going to lose the bond of the pattern as the walkway begins to curve. If these were smaller bricks in a running bond pattern, I could cut a few here and there to help the bond catch up, but with 8" x 16" blocks in a basket weave, I don't think that will work very well, at least not without be very noticable.
I'm looking for suggestions on how to solve this problem. As far as I can tell, I'm going to have to change the pattern for the curve and then maybe resume the basket weave once it straightens out. Any other ideas?
alt.home.repair:

The usual approach is to keep the basket weave pattern straight and cut off the sides to make the curves. Kind of like you laid a big square patio, then used a saw to get rid of the parts you don't want.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement