basement bathroom and vent

Hi all, I am buiding a bathroom in my basement and have a question regarding a vent. I am unable to create a vent to the outside and was wondering if venting shower steam into my furnace room would be a problem. The furnace room is unfinished. thanks Steve

Reply to
steve

A toilet requires a vent to be installed usually 3 inch (I.D.). This vent has go above the roof. If you can get that in what is the big deal about another duct for the vent. The vent only has to go 24 inches above grade to vent maybe less in your area.

Sure putting sewer gas in the furnace room is a good choice especially if you have a gas fired furnace. Hummm stink and possible explosions. Sounds like something I would consider.... not

Reply to
SQLit

Not good.

Do you really mean "I am unable to create a vent to the outside" or do you mean I don't know an easy way to vent it to the outside?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Very bad idea! Humidity need to go out of the house!

Why can't it be vented to the outside would be my next question.

steve wrote:

Reply to
Sexytom976

Yes the moisture will be a problem, don't do it (unless you want to grow mushrooms).

Reply to
Phisherman