Barn Wood Coloration Question

I am doing an outdoor cooking area, and am going to make it in an old western motif. A friend of mine has stacks and stacks of various one bys and two bys that are off authentic old structures. It is piled in neat rows, and has a greyish color on the outside, although it is not painted. I am relatively sure it is all pine. Most of it is four to eight foot in length.
My question:
I will try to use full lengths, but I will need to cut some ends. Doing this will reveal a different color. I want it all to match. What can I put on it to get the newly revealed inner wood so that it will discolor to match the outer weathered wood in color? Some type of chemical?
Steve

This webpage - http://tinyurl.com/2ncxr "Using ammonia to darken wood" has instructions to fume wood. Oak is the best wood to fume, but this page also describes the use of tannic acid to fume other species. Its a long process...very educational.
It a great project if you have the time. Most of the rest of us use this - http://tinyurl.com/2t9k4 8-)
Grim
--
Aint No Stinkin Viruses Here!
You might try a torch and wire brush to give texture. I've seen sandblasting and grey stain used.
SteveB wrote:

For new work, I specify a mix of 50% Cabot's Grey Stain & 50% Cabot's Bleaching Oil. This brings wood that would age at different rates to an even weathered grey. You should be able to get small cans of each for a test. TB
you could cut at a 45 degree angle then glue a small piece on the end so it all matched!
Wayne

Baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, dissolved in water will hasten the graying when the wood is exposed to the sun. The suggestion to use Cabot's stain is also a good one.
RB