Baristas to begin packing guns

Sweet!!!
SPOKANE, Wash. - After three robberies in less than a month at Jitterz Java, employees say they're refusing to be victimized anymore and are preparing to pack heat on the job.
Jitterz Java owner Sara Chapel is encouraging her staff members not only to bring their guns, but she's keeping one in the stand just in case.
"I would rather have it and need it, than need it and not have it," Krystal Cogswell said.
Order a drink and you may find yourself looking at Krystal Cogswell's .38 Special Lavender Lady secured to her hip. She's one of the half dozen employees arming themselves in case of another robbery.
"Before I never felt an immediate threat, so I would just have it off to the side or somewhere hidden. But now I feel like if someone can see it, maybe it will just deter it right then and there and I won't ever have to use it," she explained.
Security footage from the latest robbery attempt Sunday night shows a suspect holding what looks like a weapon trying to enter the shop through the drive-thru window. The employee was able to put down a block to stop the entry and grab her gun, but by then the suspect left. Chapel is making sure her employees can defend themselves if it happens again.
"A couple of them bring handguns every day, no matter what shift it is. There is always a gun here now," she said.
So far, there has been an outpouring of support from customers.
"I think it's pretty awesome," customer Kelly Dirks said.
"This isn't a corporation. I encourage them to get guns under each window and shoot first," customer Sharon Whitt said.
Cogswell said there was only one case where someone didn't like the idea of baristas with Berettas.
"I only had one guy that said, 'Whoa, maybe you girls shouldn't have them because when you're angry you do things you shouldn't,'" Cogswell said.
Cogswell said she has her concealed weapons license and has been around guns her entire life. She doesn't plan on using her gun -- unless there's one pointing at her.
"I'd like to defend myself if the time comes," she said.
As far as the legality of it is concerned, Spokane Police said it is completely legal as long as the employees who are armed are 18 and older and do not have any prior convictions that restrict them from using firearms.
Video for that scared libNut metrosexuals: http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/baristas-to-begin-packing-guns/25043674
[...]
Video: Warning for that scared libNut metrosexuals woman with a GUN! http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/baristas-to-begin-packing-guns/25043674
BurfordTJustice wrote:

The real story here isin't that hysteria-prone young-ish women are going to be armed while working in a drive-up coffee shack.
Watch the video and count the number of women vs men.
There is only one man in that video that has a job or is obviously employed. Counting the reporter and news anchor, there are 5 women that are employed.
We know there is one man in the video who's employed as a thief - if you count that.
Is this an accurate picture of society and the increasing marginalization of men in the pacific north-west, or in the US in general?
H o m e G u y(tm) wrote:

Hmm, I just wish they are well trained to handle their weapons. When and if time comes I hope they shoot and KILL the robber not an innocent bystander, customer. Gun in an inexperienced hands is more dangerous than not carrying it. The store owner is asking for trouble, IMO.
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:05:02 AM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:

From other reporting of it; Most, if not all (I'm not sure) have concealed wepon permits - those that don't have signed up for the classes.
Spokane is in Washington and open carry is legal for all except felons and a few other categories that are banned from owning weapons.
Harry K
Harry K wrote: " Spokane is in Washington and open carry is legal for all except felons and a few other categories that are banned from owning weapons. "
It's legal - but is it RIGHT?

You can ask ten people, and get 14 answers, based on that question. As for me, I say yes. I'd sure like to see a lot more good citizens openly armed.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Monday, March 24, 2014 4:05:41 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

For most sensible people? It is.
For gun grabbers? No, only the perps are allowed to have armament.
Harry K
On 03/24/2014 08:30 AM, Harry K wrote:

Hi Harry,
You are making a mistake. There is one other category that would be allowed to have armament: the elites (the government).
Being armed is the difference between being a "citizen" or a "subject".
-T
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I guess that depends upon which side of the law you stand . Of course robbers , muggers , burglars and democrats think it's "wrong" . Law-abiding citizens for the most part will not be offended ...
--
Snag

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

according to the Constitution, it is.
H o m e G u y(tm) wrote:

[...]

Why would anyone go around Unarmed?
That is just plain silly. Never be available to the thugs.
I have a gub, http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/224555/Take-the-Money-and-Run-Movie-Clip-Gub.html