Bar Countertop Construction

I want to build a breakfast bar ... made for use with 30 inch bar stools. Is there a preferred height and depth for the top?

Thanks for help,

geezer

Reply to
seniorgeezer

my rule of thumb is to add 12" to seat height to get counter /bar height

I googled ....... stool bar height difference

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

an adjustable counter height could be anywhere from wheelchair use to barstool use heights. if there is an overhang toward your waist under which the stool's seat would fit, add a foot for thighs and put the countertop at your seated elbow's height. :) i would personally check the focal length for reading the newspaper fine print, too.

Reply to
buffalobill