Ballast Question Electrical

This is an existing job that someone other than me started but never finished. I was asked if I could give the owner a price to complete it. It is mounted on a wall in order to project light on the sides of boats being buffed and waxed and then offered for sale. Very High end boats. My Question is how should this be wired. I've replaced many ballast but all have been 2 wire or 4 wire and a hot and neutral. I've checked ADVANCE web site but no real good info I could use.

---/------\------- -----/--------------- / \ / / \ /

-----/------- \ / \ / ___ _\___/______ BALLAST ________________ / \ / \ / \ -------/---------- ---\----------------

--- = FLUORESANT LIGHT STRIP 96" SINGLE TUBE 60 watt

/ = WIRE PATH EACH HAS 2 YELLOWS AND 2 REDS

___ ___ = EXISTING BALLAST

The small light strip offset to the left is a 48" single tube wired to the

96" just above it. It also has 2 yellows and 2 reds wires running to the light strip above it. Ballast has many different colored wires coming from it and looks old. I'm thinking of replacing it and also running seperate wires to a seperate ballast for the 48" fixture

Existing Ballast, 2 reds,2 blue,2 orange and black,2 orange on the left side of ballast. 1 black,1 white,2 blue and white,2 yellows,2 browns on right side of ballast. I know what the white and black wires do, duh.

Thanks for any help,

Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg

if you dont Know how to do it you shouldnt be "learning" on that job , or doing it.

Reply to
m Ransley

I learn something everyday no matter which job I'm on! Oh and by the way I have done in the last month, $10,000.00 worth of work for these folk and guess what?? They are happy as pigs in shit that they have me to do the work.

If I don't do it how the hell am I going to learn how to do it? I'm not some idiot off the streets and yes I do think things out before acting on them. Guess I'll have to go to my neighborhood electrical supply house and ask them. And pull out the multimeter and trace down what's going on. Kinda knew I wouldn't get the answer I was looking for here.

Thanks for wasting my time, oh and again thanks for nothin!!!!

Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg