Bad neighbor solution

Page 1 of 4
Well, maybe not a "solution," but another arrow in the quiver:
"Just outside his sealed bedroom window, beyond the chain-link fence that surrounds his next-door neighbor's yard, sit the reasons David Adams says he can't sleep: two bushy-tailed dogs that bark and howl all night.
"Finally he discovered a Web site seemingly tailor-made for such suburban woes: www.RottenNeighbor.com
If this site gives folks a place to vent, maybe they won't come here?
Add pictures here
✖
Call the police. That's why there are noise ordinances and police to enforce them.
Mike
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 28, 10:02 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Supersonic sound generator? Drives dogs off their heads! Hard on the dogs but 'might' work? Then there was the neighour who made recordings of the dogs and played them back all day while out at work.
Add pictures here
✖

Some people don't live in cities/towns and some have almost no noise ordinances. Austin TX is one of them. Nothing until after 10:00pm.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 28, 8:02 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not if it is zoned agricultural. (at least where I used to live)
Been there, done that. They would come out and talk to the people but also told me there was nothing they could do. Told me to call animal control to see if the dogs were being abused.
I also had a damn rooster next door that would start crowing at 6am on the dot until 7am, the time I had to get up for work.
Needless to say I got little sleep when I lived in that house.
Thank god it was a rental!
Add pictures here
✖
Ron says...

So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this rooster...
Um- humm.
Next you'll move to a city, and complain about the traffic. Or maybe next to train tracks...
Not that there aren't problems. But sometimes you got to take what you got yourself into.
Banty
Add pictures here
✖

Where does it say I complained about the rooster?
Add pictures here
✖
Ron says...

You just did!
Banty
Add pictures here
✖

I said DOG - DOG - DOG.....got it now?
Add pictures here
✖
Ron says...

I mean that you just complained about the rooster HERE - HERE - HERE.
Even if you didn't complain about it to the owner (or authorities), still, come on! There has been for awhile increasing numbers of people moving to rural environments who aren't used to it, then complain about rural realities like roosters and fertilizer and pesticide smells, and road use by agricultural implements.
Banty
Add pictures here
✖

Nice try. Always paint yourself into a corner?
You wrote: So, you lived in an agricultural zone, and complained about this rooster" insinuating that I complained about it to the LE, when in fact I clearly wrote that I called LE on the dogs.
Now, piss off.
Add pictures here
✖
Ron says...

Who's squirming out of a corner here? ai The *point* is, it's silly to compln - officially or otherwise - about things like roosters when you've moved to a rural area.
It's no surprise you're reacting like this, frankly. Always the *other* guy's issue heh.
Banty
Add pictures here
✖
Banty wrote:

But that sort of thing is common. People move next to a firing range and complain about the noise and safety issues. People move next to a railroad track and complain about the trains.
Many years ago, a group at the end of an LAX runway complained about the increased traffic, especially at night. They got vocal. Then they got demonstrative. Then they went to the county board and state legislature.
But they forgot something.
LAX is an autonomous state agency. LAX condemned all the homes in the subdivision under imminent domain, bulldozed the houses, and extended the runway. Plus they announced the same thing would happen to any other wisenheimers who dared mess with them.
Case over.
Add pictures here
✖

What is it, reply to two year old post day?
Add pictures here
✖
Here are 2 methods I don't recommend:
One real estate agent (in CA I think) got mad at another and ran an ad on Craigslist. It gave an address and said they were remodelling the house and needed to gut it. Come by and remove anything you want, but don't destroy anything.
It was the address of an empty house the other realtor owned. Many showed up and picked the house empty.
Another in Miami posted an ad pretending to be a hooker. He included the phone number of a competing agent.
Add pictures here
✖

That was on national news. The person who ran the ad was prosecuted I believe.
Add pictures here
✖
RandyCorona wrote:

I think they teach that stuff in Realtor School.
Add pictures here
✖

This is why we have anti-freeze.
Add pictures here
✖

broken clock springs in hamburger meat (Kurt Vonnegut)
Add pictures here
✖

Oooh...nice. I'll keep that one in mind.
Add pictures here
✖