Bad neighbor solution

Where does it say I complained about the rooster?

Reply to
Ron

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:1es9k.33690$ snipped-for-privacy@fe105.usenetserver.com:

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better. You are abusive.

Reply to
TD

"jthread" wrote in news:sms9k.79569$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better. You are abusive.

Reply to
TD

So, if the owner won't fix the problem, animal control people are useless and the police won't deal with it, what do you suggest, Einstein?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"S. Barker" wrote in news:DtSdnSW26ZTk-PvVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's the owner's fault for not training the dogs better. You are abusive.

Reply to
TD

Oh lighten up. I wouldn't do it. It's from "Slaughterhouse Five".

Reply to
jthread

One of these will work.

I had a neighbor that I went round and round for a year. He was a retired policeman, so thought rules were for other people. "Animal Control" was a joke. The police referred us to Animal Control.

I bought one of these and mounted it on a pole on my truck, and parked it on the street facing his house. The barking ended in one night. I left it on for a few more nights, and the dogs barked once in a while, but only a couple of barks instead of the 12 hour woof woof woof of a pedigree Lab.

As stated, owners are the problems, not the pets.

steve

Reply to
SteveB

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:wGs9k.33696$ snipped-for-privacy@fe105.usenetserver.com:

Go drink it yourself.

Reply to
Noahbuddy

What would be your solution if you exhausted absolutely all legal possibilities and a neighbor's dog was still making life miserable for you?

Oh...you don't have one. Just as I thought.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Kidnap the dog. Enroll it in a two-week obedience camp. Return the dog.

Sure, it'll cost a significant amount, but shouldn't you pay for your problem?

Reply to
HeyBub

Put on some gloves, slip over in the dead of night, undo their chains, and open the gate. They are barking because they are BORED. Better a life as a stray, than a life in a cell with no pack to interact with.

Reply to
aemeijers

If a neighbor's dog barks all night, it's MY problem?

I knew you were stupid, but lately, you're raising stupid to an art form.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's what he just said.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wouldn't some meat help make it appetizing?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Like that's gonna help?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One neighbor decided to leave town for a long weekend and put the dog in the backyard to fend for itself. I presume someone was to come over and feed it. After the first night and most of the next day of BARK BARK BARK, I went over into the yard and grabbed the dog..took it over to their "dog door" which had been blocked by something inside..rammed it OPEN and shoved the dog INSIDE and blocked it from the outside.

I hope the AH had a lot of dog crap in there to clean up when he got home. He never tried that again.

Reply to
Rudy

You just did!

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Abusive is when an owner lets the dog bark for 24 hours and does nothing about it. That's abusive to the dog and to the neighbors. Sometimes antifreeze is a plausible alternative to end the abuse of several parties.

The owner's fault? How do you reason with an idiot? (Not you, the owner.)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Sorry, forgot the link:

SteveB

Well, yeah. The problem belongs to (usually) he who dislikes the situation. If I'm allergic to cats and start dating a gal who has a fluffy, what should I do? Off the cat? Make her choose? Get the shots? Find another woman? My personal sense of morality says "Get the shots." Your sense of right/wrong may, of course, differ.

I know, I know. But what's art without suffering.

Reply to
HeyBub