Auto Battery Connection Repair?

Agreed.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote the following:

Where did he 'clearly state' that?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

My bad - I thought he stated it had only the one type of connector - must have been a different thread on a different group.
Twayne wrote:

How in the hell did he do that? Don't know his left from his right?
Van Chocstraw wrote the following:

Probably used a torque wrench, or impact wrench on it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Nope; just a standard, short wrench; 3/8 or 1/4, whatever size the head is. It's pretty easy to stip a steel bolt in a lead receptor. Especially if he started it cross-threaded before he got it right, and then tried to horse it down. I told him to tighten if "firmly" and to not over-tighten but guess I should have defined the terms.
HTH,
Twayne
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
As I understand it, HTH is internet short hand for "hope that help". As you are the original poster, you'd put "TIA" which is "Thanks, in advance". You're not offering any advice, you're not helping others.
HTH.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Twayne wrote:

Easy. Just use a self tapping bolt the next size larger.

Just had another idea. The original battery bolt is only a short little thing. Try threading a standard bolt into the hole. If that works, just get a stud to fit in (satainless steel is best) and a brass nut to fit to fasten the cable with.. Might need a tubular spacer to fit between the cable end and the nut - like a real thick washer - so the nut does not jam in the cable end.
In

Hmm, that gets my vote for best response so far! You're right, it is a short bolt, and the battery has a bolt depth almost twice the length of the threaded bolt! And, I even have the bolts handy: they're what I used to connect to the batteries outside the car for charging, topping off, etc..
If I can figure how to get the old bolt out of the cable end (it's captive somehow), I'll be all set. If this works, prepare for a reward<g>!
HTH,
Twayne
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.

Hey, I've been a mechanic since I was just a kid - and that's a LONG time ago!!!

Twayne wrote:

Throw the Mickey Mouse battery in the trash and get a REAL battery with posts on the top.
In typed:

Now that's interesting: Top posts vs side bolts makes for a better battery, eh? Well this must be a really REAL battery since it has both the side bolts and top posts. Care to explain how I connect side entry bolts on the cables to posts on the battery? The top posts also have a plastic protector to prevent accidental contact; how would I do that for the side holes?
Speaking of Mickey Mouse (tm), thanks for the demo of what m.m. advice looks like.
HTH,
Twayne
--
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with

There is also an adapter you can buy that bolts to the side terminal cable connector and clamps to the top post - and the plastic cover just pulls off.. A plastic plug sticks into the side terminal when the top post is used - so that IS a possibility.

At any autoparts store, they sell adapters to convert side cables to top cables, and top cables to side cables.