Attaching back support cushion to office chair

I realize that this isn't exactly home repair but I'll try posting it anyway. My mother has a foam back support covered with denim, that she wants me to attach permanently onto her office chair. Double-sided tape is not strong enough. Don't want to drill any holes through the foam. Any ideas?
tenplay wrote:

Get some 2-part velcro tape and baste half onto each piece, with a curved needle and carpet thread. (I presume the office chair is cloth-covered?) Position the tape so the back support can be moved up and down a skosh. If done carefully, this procedure is reversible, so when your mother breaks down and gets a back-support chair, you can sell this one in the garage sale.
-- aem sends...
tenplay wrote:

If the chair is an upholstered one, you should be able to stitch the cushion on with a curved upholstery needle. Just go around where the two meet. There are fabric glues available at fabric store, but have never tried them.
Get some Velcro that has adhesive on the backs of the two sides (yes this does exist). It takes about 24 hours before full the adhesive cures fully. It is easily applied.

Well; you should be able to remove the denim cover (zippered) from the foam for cleaning. A local Seamstress can make a couple of denim straps... like tying on an apron. Tie behind the seat back.
Hi,
I am new here and just saw that thread its nice. Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com