Asbestos delays work....

I never knew asbestos grows in the wild.
"CARSON CITY — The discovery of naturally occurring asbestos in and around Boulder City is delaying work on a $600 million highway bypass around the community while the state Transportation Department tries to figure out how to deal with the issue.
“Is this a showstopper?” asked Gov. Brian Sandoval during a Monday meeting of the state Transportation Board. “This was a bomb that was dropped.”
Pics:
<http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/asbestos-delays-work-boulder-city-bypass Home owner's need to disclose this in future sales?
Boulder City is near the Hoover Dam.

They should just close down the land within a hundred miles of it and fence it off. If you just touch the asbestos rock you will eventually die.

Sure. It's a mineral. That's where people got it. The fibers were never made, but fire-proof stuff etc. was made from them. .
Talc is chemically the same, Mg3Si2O5(OH)4, but physically different, and doesn't cause asbestosis. And there's a 3rd mineral that's also like this, but I forget what.

They should either cover it with shrinkwrap, or pave it with blacktop. Then they can dig it up.