Are there any publicly funded trade schools offering programs toward becoming an electrician?

Are there any publicly funded trade schools offering programs toward becoming an electrician?
I live in the NE, but I am willing to go anywhere in the US.
Thanks.
On 3 Jan 2006 17:47:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

And why the fuck should we pay for you to go to school? Get a partime jobe already and quit asking for our money you parasite.

If you can get into the electricians union, you might be doing the best thing.
look at student loan requirements for the school you want to attend after you consult with the electrician where you want to work.
I agree with AKA. If you really have the desire, then go to the closest International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers office http://www.ibew.org / and talk to them. They can put you in contact with a company who hire you. You'll work for them part time and go to school part time. You'll most likely start as a helper, but don't get discouraged. Think of the big picture and your future. 20 years from now, you'll have a steady job while everyone else's job has been outsourced to China.

bgh,
I would think that lots of community colleges offer course work that will help you to pass the licensure exam after you have acquired the necessary skills and competences that on the job training gives you. So, find a 2 year college and an electrician. Remember to take courses in accounting and business practices.
Dave M.