Arc Fault Circuit Breakers, and GFCI Questions ?

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:38:30 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"

Sorry distingish a circuit loop closing( a small series arc), and an actual arc.

In this story, wouldn't be supprised the lamps were somehow faulty. Like the plugs were warn, or too small and while minipulating the plug, it had loose connections.
But that's me, I'm sold on afci, and hope with time they will get better and cheaper with more public use.
later,
tom

WHY are you sold on AFCI? As near as I can figure from the numbers, less than a dozen people per year are killed by fires that an AFCI would have prevented.

If we used that kind of logic we would have to stop the drug war!
would have prevented.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Drug war applies only to drugs that gov't can't profit from or control. Its pure hypocracy, like wanting elections in Iraq ASAP so that yanks can install a puppet regime and suck the country dry.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:54:43 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@uri.edu"

Because:
1. I could be one of those <12 people a year. 2. One of my family members can be one of those <12 a year 3. Because of the fire prevention value.
http://www.chopurl.com?526
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com