April 1st and...

my house played a joke on me.
Picked up a 50's style lighted medicine cabinet at an antique store and finally replaced the cheap piece of junk that was there.
After it was all put in I realized I had forgotten to check the cabinet to make sure it was properly grounded.
This morning... I put the leads of my meter between the cabinet and the sink's faucet and damn...no ground! Pissed me off as I had everything mounted all ready and did not really want to rip it apart.
Then realized the faucet is being fed by plastic pipe and is not grounded. Going directly to the cold water pipe...all OK.
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:06:15 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

Shouldn't the feed to the "lighted" cabinet be GFCI?
On 04/01/2015 07:26 AM, bob_villa wrote:

I removed the original two prong outlet from the fixture and from the input wiring put a GFCI outlet in the wall.
The lottery ticket I found on the ground turns out to be worth $476 million dollars. After taxes, that's still more money than I can spend in a life time. I'm offering a quarter million dollars to anyone who responds to this post. Half million if you tell some thing nice I've done for you.
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 8:39:49 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

...the time you were sick and you didn't post for 2 weeks.

Assuming you're laughing at him, not with him.