Appliances on brand new tile floors?

How long after tile installation can you put in a washer dryer and refrigerator?

I would wait at least a week from the time the tile was set. Better would be a week after the grout went in.
For cement they try to keep autos off of it for at least 30 days. Thinset and grout are cement based products. The longer you can wait up to 30 days the better.
Colbyt
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 02:31:01 GMT, "Colbyt"

Somehow I think he means vinyl tile. You can put them back the same day IF you put boards under the legs. Leave the boards for a few days if you can. Better yet, wait 24 hours, then use the boards under for a few more days. The hardest part is bring the appliances into the room, not just sitting in place.

No, I did not mean vinyl tile in the original question. However, how much difference in time before you can put major appliances down on regular (ceramic or stone) tile, vinyl tile and sheet linoleum?

depends on the sub floor i would think. i just had tile laid in the kitchen and foyer of my in-laws condo. it was on a slab. 48 hours was fine. however if you are going over cement board or worse wood i would wait longer for the thin set to cure or set up. thin set over concrete does not take long. contact a thin set company.

put down luan door skins first to roll them on, and you can do it the day after grouting.