Anyway to silicone damp area?

My hot tub has a slow dripping leak. It just needs some silcone to reseal. I know generally you want the area to be totally dry before using silicone. Just wondering if there is any type of silicone that will seal a damp area properly? It would save me from having to drain. I would think the spa repair people must have a way of sealing without draining.
Otherwise, perhaps I just wait until the next water change to do the sealing.

There are patching materials that work when wet, but silicone is not one of them. Ask at the plumbing supply house. I've seen drain lines patched with the stuff but I don't know if it will work in your case. Sometimes it is best to just do the job right and replace the seals or gaskets.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote: ...

Think??? :)
-
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:58:05 -0700, deja wrote:

Silicone is silicone rubber and there aren't any types that seal damp areas better than others. Why not give it a try and see what happens? You don't really have anything to lose do you except if it doesn't work some extra time prepping the area when the tub is dry.
Might a urethane caulk or glue work? Should be moisture curable so maybe a bit of dampness wouldn't hurt. Some of the caulks are very flexable. Just thinking out loud.

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:58:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@homerlex.mailshell.com wrote:

Pool stores sell an underwater epoxy that might work but for the 200-300 gallons of water you are talking about you are better off draining it and doing it right. You may end up doing that in the end anyway and have an epoxy mess to clean up before you can start.

Not silicone.
But if you want exists, I guarantee you will find it at a chandler's.
http://www.boatersworld.com http://www.westmarine.com
deja wrote,

Go to a Marine ( as in boating) store, get some 3M below the water line sealant, adhesive. This is some real sticky stuff Putting silicone on it is just like pissing in the wind.
.
Michael Lane
It ain't bragging, if you can back it up___ Dizzy Dean
Michael Lane writes:

3M 5200 is wonderful, but you can't apply it to wet wood.