Any tractor trailer drivers here?

I want to move my 48 foot storage trailer with a bucket loader, just pick it up and push it back. I have the wheels chocked right now. Do I need to put air into the reserve tank to release the brakes or can I do it manually or are they off without air or what?
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw
Van Chocstraw wrote:

If I remember correctly from reading the manuals, you will need to apply air to both circuits, one is air supply and the other is control to the relay valves. The brakes should be fail-safe, applied when there is no air pressure.

If you're going to "pick it up" the brakes are irrelevant, and/or may be applying insufficient pressure to stop the wheels from rolling.
You can probably "cage" the brakes sufficiently to allow it to roll, but I'd try just backing off the slack adjusters first. http://www.mpi.mb.ca/PDFs/DVL_PDFs/AirBrakeManual/ABM_Section4.pdf
If you have a method to charge the system, that may be most expedient.
In any case, vigorous application of a LARGE hammer to the brake drums may be necessary.
A search for "caging spring brakes" may offer additional information. -----
- gpsman
gpsman wrote:

I'd be just picking up the front end not the real wheel end.

--
Van Chocstraw
Van Chocstraw wrote:

you need only to apply at least 60 psi to the red one. (park line) If you apply air to both it will release the park brake, but then apply the regular service brake.