Any shops sell blind cord?

Anyone know of a shopping chain that sells blind cord, for example to extend a blind's string pull? I can see it on the web for $2 a roll plus $7 shipping, which just annoys me too much!
Must be a braded thin white cord.
Thanks!
Dean
dean wrote:

Try a local blind repair shop.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

I got some years ago from the local hardware store.
Harry K
dean wrote:

A fabric or draper store would have it....JoAnn Fabrics, Hancock, etc.
Maybe a fabric store. But you might go thru $7 of gas to buy it locally.

On 27 May 2007 21:43:19 -0700, dean wrote:

Any True Value hardware store, stock #190348: 9/64" x 48' Nylon Venetian Blind Cord, Multi Purpose, Braided, Nylon, Hank.

Joe and Harry's choices might be cheaper than Norminn's, but at 2 dollars a roll, anyplace will be fine. Fabric shops have this stuff because people buy fabric to make their own blinds.
I got a drapery rod somewhere, and the cord included with it was enormously long (partly so one could make the rod wider). I don't like to cut things off (especially in a case like this where lengthening the cord would require a knot that wouldn't go through the hole, and so might require replacing the whole cord later.
While I was thinking about where I could stuff the spare cord, it occurred to me, that since my bed is under the window, I could put a pulley where the cord would normally end, and run the excess cord all the way across the bottom of the window, to one of those spring-mounted pulleys they use for cords. Now I don't have to even sit up to open and close my drapes. I just lift my arm and there are the cords.
I check the home-made pulley every few years to see if it is is coming apart and wearing out the cord, but after 20 years so far so good.

You can also buy a second pulley and have a cord on each side of the window. You just have to adjust the under carrier to the center point.

Local is your best bet. It comes in 3 different diameters based on the shade and year it was made. The mid-sized is the most common. A fabric shop that sells drapery fabric may be your best bet.
If you can't find it local and you have a PayPal account I will sell you some for 50 cents per yard and first class postage. Unless you need a lot I imagine a buck or so will cover postage.
I also have the coupling balls that screw apart so that you can hide the knot. These are normally seen on a custom pleated shade. Will need to look up the price on those. They are not real cheap.
Email address works if you remove the blocker part.
Colbyt