Something safer is Iron Out. It is a white powder that I use to clean my
well filter when it is full of iron bacteria and manganese. Nothing else
helped like CLR, toilet bowl cleaners, etc, but this stuff soaks ot clean
in about 20 seconds. It gives off some fumes so I keep a fan running to
blow clean air at sink where I work. I buy it at plumbers supply and
lately I have seen it at Rona.
If anyone is interested in the outcome, it didn't work. I
probably didn't put enough in and I wanted to save a little bit
from the bottle for metal cleaning.
I guess I put about a cup in. Let it sit for two hours and came
back and hit it with the brush. It lightened it a lot, but not
all the way gone.
I'm out of "Bar Keeper's Friend" (Oxalic acid), so I'm going to
try that next with gloves and elbow grease.
I like to hold the microphone cord like this, I pinch it
together, then I let it go, then you hear a whole bunch of jokes
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.