Ants in dishwasher

How the hell do they get in ? Through the drainpipe? Gary Lester
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says... :) How the hell do they get in ? Through the drainpipe? :) Gary Lester :) :) Around the rubber stripping ...you may have seen steam when you run it.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
I doubt it since they would show up in your sink too.

Possibly (and probably) unrelated, but are the dishes coming out clean? Someone in this newsgroup mentioned something interesting a couple of months ago. Think about this: If you turn on the hot water at the kitchen sink, after not using it for a couple of hours, how long before you get hot water? In some houses (like mine), it can take as long as 60 seconds because of the distance to the water heater, especially if water pressure varies (as it does in my neighborhood). If your dishwasher's plumbed to the same pipes, and you start it up when hot water isn't in the pipes, it may end up washing dishes with cold or lukewarm water because modern machines only grab 2-3 gallons of water. Make note of how it takes to get hot water from the tap, and compare to the sound when the dishwasher first fills up. Solution: Run the faucet till there's hot water, then start the dishwasher.
This may seem irrelevant because you'd think that even cold water would eliminate food smells. It probably does, but it's amazing how ants can follow a scent.
Doug Kanter wrote:

themselves if it isn't up to the required temperature. It works very effectively in my Maytag and since the water lines to my kitchen sink are extremely long and are uninsulated and I use the delay timer to start the DW in the early AM so the water has had plenty of time to cool off.
Every Spring I have some ants show up in my kitchen despite my best efforts to keep them out. They are usually the super-tiny pissants not much bigger than a flake of pepper and they seem to be able to maneuver through the smallest openings. In fact, the DW is about the only place I haven't seen them yet.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Ants are a very clean insects, Might have something to do with that . Try using les soap that might disgorge them.

No, they get in because it's a great supply of moisture. Ants can easily squirm under the gasket.
Read this:
http://www.unexco.com/carpants.html#dishwasher

They'll survive 120 degree water mixed with detergent??? Hmmm.....

On 14 Jul 2005 05:06:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Dude
You sound like a very mean person. Why are you trying to deprive these ants of baths? Do you really want smelly ants in your house? Why not be kind and give them tiny washcloths, and offer them some shampoo so they can wash their hair too !!!

SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!! SAVE THE ANT'S !!!!

There was a song about that. "The ants are my friend, they're blowing in the wind."