Anti-scald Delta Monitor Shower

I have a remodeled 2nd floor bathroom and they put in a Delta Monitor single handle anti scald shower unit......the only problem is that it takes forever for the water to get warm , even when it is turned to full hot...........................although if I use the shower on the first floor or wash clothes before I use this shower , then there does not seem to be a problem....................This situation makes no sense but it is real......any suggestions????????

takes
Makes a bit of sense. If the floor below uses the hot water, the cooler water that has been laying in the pipes is already gone from most of the run and thus less time getting tothe upper floor. Ed
Thanks Ed but I thought about that and it sometimes takes 15 minutes to get warm water...I know I have pipes but not that many Thanks anyway

seem
is
run
I hope it really doesn't take 15 minutes ... maybe 30 seconds, maybe 60 seconds. Anyway, I have Delta single lever faucets in each bathroom sink. When I first installed them, I had a similar problem. I found the anti-scald would not allow only hot water, i.e. there was always some cold added, which slowed down getting hot water. By removeing the lever, I was able to remove a small plastic ring which kept some cold water flowing all the time. Goodby anti-scald, hello faster hot water.
The Tilton Family wrote:

takes
I have a shower valve along the same lines (my valve reacts to pressure and not temperature and I assume yours does also).
One "feature" of the valve is that the installer can set the maximum movement of the handle to the "hot" position. I set my valve so that I can get 100% hot water and 0% cold. If your valve has the "feature" and it was set for, say, 50/50 max hot to cold AND you have a water saving shower head, when you run the shower you just ain't drawing much HOT water.
If what I described applies to you, you should be able to get access to the stop by taken off the handle and, maybe, the cover plate.

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:16:19 GMT, "The Tilton Family"

The other solution (to modifying the valve) is to run a hot water return line and use a recirculator. This may be difficult once the walls are closed in, but it is by far the best solution. Here our recirculator runs for 3 minutes at a time and turns on something like 3 times per hour during the day and not at all at night.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com
The Tilton Family wrote: