Another silly tiling question...

Scenario: Tub with tile flange. I'm assuming you put the cement board over the tile flange and then the tile on top of THAT, no? Not cement board behind the flange, then just tile on top of flange....right? Hubby and I are "discussing" this loudly.

Thanks!

Reply to
Stu Pittasso

My tiler told me this: The water barrier behind the cement board overlaps the tub flange and temporarily hangs into the tub. The cement board meets the tub flange, but does not overlap it. The tiles start one grout line width above the tub, which may mean the first row overhangs the cement board slightly, if the tub flange is taller than the grout line width. The water barrier is trimmed not to project past the tiles, and this gap at the bottom is grouted/caulked.

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

Thanx! :) Lori