Another refrigerator question

Page 2 of 2
The mechanical defrost timer I've seen, are all set in fractions of 24 hours. 6, 8, or 12 hours. I think it would make much more sense to use an odd number, so the defrost times are different, each day.
My Dad mentioned to me one time that the family fridge went into defrost at exactly the time he went to dinner. I advanced the timer a bit, so it was different time. But, an odd number hours on the timer would have been better.
When I'm working in the kitchen, I'm often reminded of a long quiet pause in the fridge. It will also make little cracking sounds. I never had to think about it much, but figure why they decided to rotate the defrost cycle around the clock, something like add or subtract 1 hour every day. Why didn't they just use a 24 hour setting ?? I think they had a reason.
Greg
On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:33:42 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

twenty years and everything in them froze solid no matter how many times you opened the door.

Yes, quite true, but it's US that is LETTING our government dictate our lives as well. Let's start with the corporation mongers and finish with the public sector and let's get rid of all of them.
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:22:55 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

twenty years and everything in them froze solid no matter how many times you opened the door.

as well. Let's start with the corporation mongers and finish with the public sector and let's get rid of all of them. You don't have to act dumb.
You got tired of your milk and vegetables freezing?
the manufacturer's warranty expired last month Thank you very much for doing business with China and have a nice day. Let me inform you youngins: In my day the refrigerators lasted at least twenty years and everything in them froze solid no matter how many times you opened the door. NOW do you people see why Ive been yelling and screaming all these years?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Er, no. I just see someone yelling and screaming, similar to the bearded sign-carriers that used to frequent Times Square.
There is no information that the OP's refrigerator came from China, except that it broke.