Another Laminate floor question

Does it matter if you buy a flooring with padding already installed on it, or buy padding you need to install yourself?
Any Pro's or Cons?
Anthony Lisanti wrote:

First, I don't believe padding is necessary.
You may, however, elect padding to dampen noise, to provide an extra measure of insulaton, or to reduce the need for a vapor barrier.
That said, I can't see any practical difference - either in the results or installation - of one over the other.

Makes sense to follow the manufacturer's instructions. If in doubt, call their customer service. That way if you have a warranty claim it won't be denied.
Joe

If you need a vapor barrier, such as below grade on concrete, a continuous barrier is best. If above grade or over wood, either way works.