Another Concrete Countertop question

I'm just wondering what genius says to him (or her) self, "hey ! you know what, that concrete sidewalk outside my office building would sure look purdy on my kitchen counter!"

is this the Starbucks yuppie, "hip" thing gone too far ??

how much weight is all that concrete exerting on the wood cabinet - and the floor joists underneath it ?

is the typical 40 lb sq/ft live load rating of most homes adequate to support the weight of all that concrete ? (and all the other assorted appliances & people that would be in the immediate area).

Reply to
nospam

I don't care for the concrete counter tops myself but that's just my taste. But as for weight it's about the same as Granite

Sacramento Dave

Concrete for countertops is different than concrete for sidewalks. It is

2-2 1/2" thick verses 4" thick for sidewalk. It has smaller stones in it and has reinforcement too. I made my countertops out of concrete I guess because I did it myself and the cost was $80.00 US. for the concrete the forms for the concrete the stain the sealer and the urothene .As far as weight ,as some one else mentioned ,they are no heavier than granite. You also have a wide variety of colors to chose from. peace ' Harry
Reply to
42n8_1