Another concrete finishing question.

Trying to pour a level and flat concrete, I found puddle of water form in the middle of the slap. I'm off about 1/16" to 1/8" when screening with a 2 x 4 lumber, hence the puddle of water. Any trick to finish the surface perfectly flat, level without slope and without pooling of water?

Reply to
** Frank **

Have to have forms perfect to start with including solid enough to stay in position during the pour and while screeding/finishing.

A 2x4 would be unlikely to be straight within 1/8" over it's length unless you made it so. Normally, one would like just a little bit of crown or slope so water will run off if it's outside slab. Flat within 1/8" over any significant distance is going to take some serious equipment -- like professional screed if it's more than just a couple of feet in width.

Reply to
dpb

One thing to consider is that water will puddle through surface tension as well - it doesn't necessarily mean you have a significant depression.

Reply to
Eigenvector