American Standard Faucet Problem

I have a single-lever American Standard kitchen faucet, now about four years old. Suddenly it has started squeaking when I swing the faucet from side to side. Like an O-ring is squeaking or some such. I tried squirting some WD40 around the base to no avail,
Can anyone suggest anything. I really don't want to take the faucet apart, but maybe that is what I'll have to do?
Thanks
Duke
Taking it apart shouldn't be that hard. Get some silicon grease, and grease things up good -- seals, and threads. That should do the trick. Be prepared to replace some seals, even though it is only 4 years old. I had a new (2 years!) Delta act up on me. Put in a new seal set, and used silicon grease to lube it. No problems now, either with leakage or rough operation.
On Thu, 7 May 2009 14:42:26 -0700 (PDT), professorpaul

OK
I didn't want to dismantle it, but I guess it is what it is.
Thanks
Duke
On 5/7/2009 2:42 PM professorpaul spake thus:

Or just use good old-fashioned plumber's grease. It's made to withstand hot water. I have a little tin of it like a lip-balm tin that's lasted me for about 25 years now.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

I never say any of that. I'll check Lowe's.
snipped-for-privacy@eldorado.com wrote:

you don't HAVE to take the faucet apart.... Just replace it.
On Thu, 07 May 2009 22:14:29 -0500, Steve Barker

Good point!
Duke