Amana water dispenser problem

I have a 10 year old Amana side by side that has developed a water dispenser problem. The water just keeps on running as if the dispenser lever is being depressed. The lever is not stuck in the on position. Any ideas?
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 07:07:46 -0700, bvolny wrote:

That lever operates a valve controlled by a solenoid which is an electromagnet that pulls the water valve open. I would guess the valve is stuck open but couldn't tell you why. Could be the solenoid is stuck or the valve itself is stuck because of deposits in your water (if the valve is before the filter.)