Amana washer will not run wash cycle

All of a sudden my washer quit, I noticed that the timer will advance to rinse cycle, proceed to rinse (washes in rinse water), and finally spin dry.
However the cycle where it is supposed to wash (wash in soap) just advances normally without washing, until the rinse cycle kicks in, and then everything works fine.
I am lost, could this be the timer?
This happens on any cycle, warm, hot, cold, delicate, etc.
TIA

Yeah, probably if you need odds... timers are fairly frequent failure points.

Is there another cycle you can use perchance? If it's broken on one cycle/range of the timer, and okay on another that would strongly suggest a timer problem. If th eproblem moves with the cycle, it still may be the timer as the issue, but that opens the possibility to other goodies too.
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net /