air stapler for thin aluminum: will this work?

I have to staple many thin aluminum plates to first floor subfloors (for radiant heat). I do not know the exact guage of the plates, but they are 0.017" thick according to my caliper.
Will an 18 guage air stapler go through 0.017" thick aluminum? I do not have an air stapler and would rather not buy one just to experiment on the aluminum.
Thanks,
mh

Yes.
wrote in message >

I agree, but I also think it'll tear the metal..

Is this metal the really thin stuff, almost like roof flashing? If so, you may have noise problems on heat up and cool down.
You can either use constant circulation on the system or use thicker plates.

Or simply use warm air, which costs a lot less :-)
Nick

you
plates.
And the comfort level may not be as high.
Hey Nick, why don't you take your atitude to the Wall?
http://forums.invision.net/index.cfm?CFApp=2