air quality

I'm thinking of renting an apartment and was wondering what i can expect about the air quality. If someone smokes next door, could this be a problem for me? I know this happens a lot in hotels - I'll rent a non-smoking room, and the smoke from some nearby idiot comes flowing in through the bathroom. What's up with that?

Could happen in an apartment. Depends on construction, venting, etc.