air exchanger.

Have you guys seen Living with Ed? he had a device that sprays water on the air exchanger or air conditioner to cool it off more.
http://www.coolnsave.com/cool-n-save_installation_video.html
It is stuck on the top of the unit and turns on when the fans starts. Water is misted onto the coils to help the air to cool off before it hits the coils.
Not practical for our Canadian winter but for you neighbors to the south or to keep in mind this summer to fellow canucks.

I've seen people make their own versions of this. When I go on the call it's always because they cannot figure out wht the ac is not cooling like it used to. Go liik at the condenser and you'll find that there is so much crud on it from hard water that the airflow is restructed across it.
hvac, tech wrote:

Yep, if it actually worked without introducing significant problems, the manufacturers would design it in to begin with. If you want higher efficiency, loose the air source and go ground source.

I can see that being a huge problem at my house if I had this attachment.

And consider the cost of water, calcification, is why is not OEM offered.