Air Conditioning Repair

Page 2 of 2
Mighta worked on rubber AC hoses, but I doubt it will do much good on copper.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon writes:

A 1/16" hole in a 300 psi line requires less than a pound of force to seal. well within the capabilities of a scrap of rubber convered with a hose clamp.
Another technique is to whip with copper wire and then solder.
Analysis and improvisation work when the "correct" stuff isn't at hand, or too costly, often better. Many factory parts are cost-reduced to bare minimum performance for the task, and you can cobble up something stronger than the original.
I did a line repair one time on something inside a reach in cooler. Cut open a length of ACR tubing, and put that around the bad part. Dribble some solder in, and it held. I didn't think of wrapping with copper wire, and then solder. Thanks for an interesting idea.
I susepct the copper plug will leak enough to be a problem, though.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young