Air conditioner Trips Circuit Breaker-Call Electrician or A/C guy?

That's baloney, because in this thread and the one maybe 20 threads down, you just insulted him and told the OP to ignore him.
You didn't counter it by asking for facts.
Even if you had that would be silly, because he usually gives "facts", just facts you don't believe or don't agree with. So if you want to counter something, why not give your own "facts". Now you attempted to do that this time (in parts I have snipped, because I didn't think I'd need them) but that was not your first post in this thread. YOu certainly don't meet the "EVERY TIME" standard, and if we apply the same standards you use in judging hallerb, you come off pretty bad.
BTW, I read the later thread first tonight, and you say he enlisted someone to help him. I presume you mean me. He didn't enlist me at all. He's never written to me, nor I to him, and I don't know him. He may be wrong about some facts -- I do not know -- but you were posting in a way that made your statements unbelievable, and in all my earlier posts, that's what I tried to explain to you.
Also, I'm not going to waste my time looking for sources to contradict you. The problem from my pov is not whether you are right** or wrong, but the way your insults, especially when he's right, destroy your credibility. I'm trying to do you and the group a favor.
**You seem to think that if you and the people you know do it one way, no other way is correct or acceptable. That's another problem. It's a big country, with millions of technicians. Don't assume yours is the only right way to do things.
Add pictures here
✖
mm posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

references. Listen M&M I don't give a crap what you or he post - except when it's outright dangerous or deceptive. If I see it and it's wrong I'll point it out. All you have to do to prove me wrong is backing up your erroneous statements with facts. At least most of your posts have "I don't know anything about this" - funny, it doesn't prevent you from posting either... See ya later - maybe.
--
Tekkie

Add pictures here
✖
Tekkie® wrote:

Its INTENTIONAL more sensitive as age, by the design of the breaker components. my very best friend used to design power transformers for a living and he has talked about it too.
its the only safe way..........
High heat thermostats like cal stats are designed to have temps drop as they age its all in the interests of safety
Add pictures here
✖

This is -- am I correct -- because the only reasonably priced alternative was that they become LESS sensitive as they age, and that would be dangerous.
When cars first had turn signals, turning the switch on didn't turn the light on until the flasher period had passed. In the 60's or 70's they changed it so that the turn lights came on as soon as the switch was turned on. That meant when the flasher failed, one could flash the lights using the switch.

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:43:34 -0500, "Howard Beale"

Got to agree with all you say. I had a GFI breaker that kept tripping. Of course I suspected I had a ground fault in something, but when I couldn't find anything plugged in all the time, I replaced the breaker and that solved the problem. The house was 7 years old. New one has lasted 20 years so far.
Add pictures here
✖
try replacing breaker FIRST its low cost and proves the problem is in the AC unit.
if your afraid to tackle this ask around friends, its actually easy but turn main off before opening cabinet
Add pictures here
✖

Agreed. I did it and I'm definitely no electrician. Not really that hard to do. Just make sure you get a comparable circuit breaker, then just pay attention to how you remove the old breaker and how it was wired. Actually I'm making it sound harder than it is. The hardest part is just getting the comparable circuit breaker.
// doug // website: MyHomeRebate.com "Buy New Homes for Less in Texas"
Add pictures here
✖

Your A/C works harder and draws more energy (RLA) when the outside temperature is warmer.
Short cycling (on-off-on) is a common cause of those symptoms in warm weather.
A 30 amp circuit breaker that has been tripped a few times should really be replaced.
GL Dan
Add pictures here
✖