Air bleeder thingy leaks

The automatic air bleeder in my hot water heat system leaks. I have to screw the little cap down to stop the leak, but then I lose my air bleeder function. WHere do I buy a new one? WHat is the thing called?
Its a saftey pressure release, dont block the blow off or operation or it could BLOW. Did you try turning down the temp, You only need the amount of hot water to take a shower without adding cold. It will save you alot. Also its summer, your house and incomming water are warmer .

It's called "YOU NEED TO HIRE A PLUMBER".
Radiators are the domain of heating guys.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

screw
Are you referring to a small brass cylinder about 3-inches long and 1-inch in diameter that has what appears to be a tire stem valve on top with a screw-on cap? If so, if you go to the counter at a heating/plumbing supply firm and ask for an "automatic bleed valve" they will undoubtedly know what you want -- just describe it and tell them it is for a hot water rather than a steam system they will know what it is. I always found that mine started to leak eventually because of mineral buildup on the internals surfaces but found that leaving the cap screwed down except when I heard bubbles in the system was ok. When I suspected air in the system I'd just unscrew the cap and let it vent and then screw it back down until the next time.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

screw

and
bad.
me
the
It looks like your bleed valves are slightly different than what I had but probably operate on the same principle - a float that falls when there is air present and floats in liquid to block the opening. My system had at least five of them in various locations, mostly upstairs although there was one down near the boiler. In any case, take a look at:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/aireliminators.html
and see if anything looks familiar. You are going to need to know how big the threaded nipple on the bottom is but beyond that you should be home free.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Is it on the radiator, or on top of the boiler?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Something else is whacky. You shouldn't have to tighten the bleeder valves. They have a little piece of cardboard in them that swells up when it gets wet, closing the vent. Thus, they are automatic. But if you have been tightening them, you might have permanently compressed the cardboard and broken them.
Or, maybe the pressure is too low in your system and the water level is too low and the air is not being pushed out.

I've seen fill valves go bad....
Does the system bang and clank when the pump is running?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I really don't know. Probaly depends a lot on if you have well water, and if anyone drains the system ever. And if it's steel or copper pipes for the water.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus