aerators on faucets

Snort. When I'm running water out of the kitchen tap, it's usually because I'm trying to fill something up. All a flow-reducer does is waste my time.

I hope you don't believe everything that Sydney Water tells you. They really are quite unreliable.
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:38:19 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

It causes more suds when washing dishes by hand (if you add soap before the sink is full). Suds have little or no function except to overflow the sink and make a mess, but people want them anyway. I always fill the sink THEN add soap.

Mark Lloyd
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:25:56 -0600, Mark Lloyd

ttHAts what I read too. The original clothes detergents didn't make any suds and no one would buy them. So they added something to make suds. OTOH, I use the suds to tell if I have added enough soap or detergent. It seems to me, that when there is too much dirt, there are no suds in the washing machine, and that adding enooug detergent to match the dirt allows some suds to be there.

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:38:19 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

The aerator helps with rinsing and prevents splashing.