aerators on faucets

Page 1 of 2

As I was just washing my hands, I noticed that the sink water comes out bubbly. I've used a few over the years, where the water came out clear.
Other than the "savings" from lower flow, is there any other advantage to bubbly water for hand washing. Instead of clear water?
Would it work as well if I had a simple non-aerating faucet which delievered clear water?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Pretty much the same with or with out the bubbles. However it does reduce splashing, breaks up the surface tension a little and does save a little water. Really those are all good things. Why do you want to change it?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

A lots of folks, esp. women, like the softer, gentler "feel" of the areated stream of water too.
The effect can be really quite pronounced.
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:06:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

As a man, I hate em'. I always remove them, or rip the innards out of them so they dont spray to the side.

If they spray to the side, it's usually because they're cheaply made (something I've never seen on high quality faucets), or they have debris in them.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@someplace.com wrote:

What? Are you sayin' I'm not a man because I like the aerator? I'd make some comment about my wife thinking I was gay when we first me, but that might be crossing a line... ;-D
What I DO hate about aerators is that they get clogged quite easily by debris in the water line. Living in a hard water area, I get lots of calcium deposits in the hot water line that throw tiny little black chips which build up and clog the faucet. About every other month I take the aerator off the faucets in the house and clean out the "stones" (as my wife likes to call 'em).

If you like aerators, you lack testosterone, and thus you are NOT a man. Your wife is probably right, YOU ARE GAY !!!! (Sorry, I knew this would hurt).

Be a MAN, remove the sucker...... Your balls will firm up and your dick will grow at least 4 inches overnight. The bad part is that your wife will probaly leave you, and you wont be able to use your new dick and balls !!!! :)
snipped-for-privacy@someplace.com wrote:

God, no - 14 inches is waaaay too long ;-D
He said four inches growth, not 12.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@someplace.com wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Ah, shoot, I am so busted...
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:42:00 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Because water from the bathroom sink tastes better than water from the kitchen sink.

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SavingWater/InYourHome/TapAerators.cfm
Hope that was of some help...Jimi

I don't know. The first paragraph is this:

How could this be true. How can it restrict the flow without reducing pressure? How can it reduce the amount of water coming out without reducting pressure.
I've lost faith in the page already.

By making the opening "smaller", you get less water at the same pressure.
Put your thumb over the end of a garden hose so most of the stream is blocked. The water pressure coming out is a lot higher, but there is actually less water coming out.

Aerators restrict the flow ....... which does actually maintain the water pressure IN THE STSTEM>>NOT AT YOUR HANDS YOU IDIOT! and air is introduced to reduce the amount of water consumed ...Please fully comprehend what you are reading! Jimi

A) Then they should say that. What do I care about the pressure in the system? I care about the water I'm using. And it's nonsense anyhow. If not having an aerator would decrease the pressure in the system, then having an aerator that decreased the water flow by 50% would still decrease the water in the system by 50% of the amount it decreased without the aerator.
In the average home, how many people and devices are using water at the same time? I don't know, but I've never heard anyone say they have a shortage of water or water pressure when others are using the sink. Whether there are aerators or not.

What's wrong with you?

I'm glad to see that you noticed that one could make a distinction between in the system and at your hands, but after that, you lost control. I seem to understand it better than you do.

He wants you to get pissed off. Did it work? :)
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:18:37 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@someplace.com wrote:

No. I was amazed, but that's about it.
BTW, I'm going someplace next month. Maybe I'll see you.
Is it just me, or does the subject and the season somehow just make you want to sing?
Aerators on faucets and whiskers on kittens....
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
Is it just me, or does the subject and the season somehow just make you want to sing?
Aerators on faucets and whiskers on kittens.... Mugs of hot cocoa and warm dried out mittens
These are a few of my favorite things!