Adhesive for chrome to glass ...

So I have this fancy modern, glass side table which has chrome legs. The robot vac bumped one of the legs the other day and down the table came; the leg-tabletop bond was obviously already compromised. Fortunately, the glass table top didn't break. So I need a clear adhesive for gluing the leg back on. I've heard the rear view mirror glues from the autoparts stores aren't that great. Also read about 3M 5200. What's YOUR opinion?
TIA
snipped-for-privacy@cfl.rr.com wrote:

I'd toss the robot vac AND the table in the trash.
Norminn wrote:

The robot vacs are great cat exercisers, I'm told, better at that than picking up dirt. Chrome'n'glass not my cup of tea (cue the line from Cheers where Norm is giving decorating advice, and tells Frasier and Lilith to put that chrome and glass thing in the Bay), but if you like it, I'd load it in the car and take it TO the glass shop. Some of the stuff they have in back room is much stronger than what civilians can buy, plus they've done it before and know the tricks.
-- aem sends...
Try this. http://www.thistothat.com /