adding faucet with air intake

Someone suggested to me that adding faucets with a special air inlet would make the water last longer. But what if you need to fill up a bucket or the sink? It seems that it would take longer to do it. What is the real reason for wanting to "fluff up" the water?
Guthrie Cooper
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Oxygenate? Keep it fresh. But faucet aerator is doing it already.

Unless you're talking about an aerator, I never heard of such a thing. If you want to use less water, you want low flow shower heads and have the aerators installed and working (they also act as flow limiters).