AC to DC Converter

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:39:05 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

For a limited time, just enough time to start an engine.

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

How long does it take to winch a boat?

As others have pointed out, the CCA rating doesn't help. I suggest you buy a cheap ammeter at the auto parts store and measure the current draw of your new winch, (including when it is locked - trying to pull something that simply won't move.) Then you can consider whether to buy a battery charger, extra battery, or AC->DC converter.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Trying to stall a winch can be rather hazardous.
Finding the amp rating of a comparable winch should serve for a good ballpark number.
--
Chris Lewis,

On 13 Nov 2006 17:50:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Seems to me that that would be an excellent place to store a manual winch. How big is this boat?
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Why not go the simple route and open your hood and use your vehicle battery when you need to do this.