AC question

I have an AC question; I have My AC unite in the ceiling Coils and compressor are outside. Well when my son said there was a large spot in his ceiling I knew what it was, the condensate pan under the AC was at the brim dripping over, But the over flow line was dripping outside so I did not suspect any problem. I shoved a wire down the line from the pan, Then I sucked the line out with a shopvac from outside , that cleared the line. There are two lines from the unite One with a trap and clean-out that should be piped to a vent or waste line. (Ten days of 100 plus to hot to trace) Now the other line from unite pipes into the line from the pan the out the house. Now here's were I'm getting confused. Before I cleared the line the was a constant drip from the overflow line (almost like running that much water) Now that I have cleared there in no water what so ever the pan is dry. The AC is still running on over time until today finally cooling off. So why would there be no water Condensation at all now? I would think condensation would still form.

I am also replacing the pan looks like is about rusted threw ( 14 years old) the condensate drain line looks like something a kid did , unless they engendered a hump over a backbone. The new pan will be Stainless, Aluminum or copper with a copper drain line , 10" straight run less the hump.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

[...]

There may be less humidity due to all the extra long run-time, and now and the air velocity through the A-Coil and is drying the up what moisture there is.(?) There could be other factors, no way to know from here. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

[...]

I hope I did not send this to many times, Seems like it's not posting

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

hello: I'm not an hvac guy, but i did stay a holiday inn this week. no, really, condensate will form when there is humidity. You had a constant drip because the clog was only letting out a little bit that had accumulated for some time. My guess is with your unit running so much you don't have a humity issue.

Reply to
jake

AC of the world, unite!

You have nothing to lose but your chains.... you have nothing to gain but your freon!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon