above stove microwave venting???

I was wondering if anyone would know if above stove microwave venting is a standard location and size for microwaves? Girlfriend is redoing her kitchen and has not decided on a specific microwave model/ manufacturer, but we need to relocate the venting and electrical for it and put up new kitchen drywall, etc before cupboards get delivered..

TIA for any assist.....

Reply to
BSAKing

Sounds like a good time to find microwave measurements on the web, via manufacturers' web sites. When are the cabinets being delivered? Tomorrow?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Just bought one, The measurements are 30x16 You need to have a space min of

12 " deep 14" max deep 30 " wide and MIN 30 inches from stove surface.

SD

Reply to
S H O P D O G

I just roughed in the ducting for my microwave. It's 3 1/4" by 10" rectangular. If you are going through the wall, the top of the duct is usually 3/4" below the cabinet, although on the template I have, it says to cut out a 4" X 12" opening, with the top of the opening being at the bottom of the cabinet .If you are going straight up, figure about 3/4" away from the wall. Just make sure if you are going to vent out the wall to make sure no studs are in the way. If there are studs in the way, maybe you can change the location of the microwave if you did not order the cabinets yet. Also, wherever the microwave is going, make sure there are 2 mounting studs to secure it to. For the most part , all of the microwave/ vent units are standard.

Reply to
Mikepier

Probably..IIRC ours (Kitchenaid) is 3 1/4" X 10" thru the wall..they can also go up thru the cabinet. Pick a brand like Whirlpool and/or GE , go to their website and look for schematics to download

Reply to
Rudy