Above ground pool liner

We had a rough winter here in the Northeast and I have to replace my above ground pool liner. I want to build up the area where the pool wall meets the "floor" of the pool. Some people I have talked to say to use mason's sand, others say to use loam. Any opinions?? Thanks Dave
(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)
On 20 May 2004 12:03:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNOSPAM (Brandystew) wrote:

Loam or foam?
Just my opinion, but I don't see how you can compact loam good enough to hold that cove. I have seen foam strips that you can put there in place of sand.
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNOSPAM (Brandystew) wrote in

The original directions for most pools are to use masons sand. Soil may settle unevenly and cause cleaning problems.
NJBrad
I've always used wet newspapers