Above ground pool liner

We had a rough winter here in the Northeast and I have to replace my above ground pool liner. I want to build up the area where the pool wall meets the "floor" of the pool. Some people I have talked to say to use mason's sand, others say to use loam. Any opinions?? Thanks Dave

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reply to
Brandystew

Loam or foam?

Just my opinion, but I don't see how you can compact loam good enough to hold that cove. I have seen foam strips that you can put there in place of sand.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNOSPAM (Brandystew) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m27.aol.com:

The original directions for most pools are to use masons sand. Soil may settle unevenly and cause cleaning problems.

NJBrad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

I've always used wet newspapers