a temporary paint for house interior design

Does anyone know of a paint that I can use to draw random designs on walls but then comes off with little effort and without having to repaint the walls?

The reason is I want to draw asian caligraphy on my walls in the living room, but this is a rental apartment so I need something that is easily erased when my lease is up. Thanks for any help.

Jesse

Reply to
ragtag99

How about painter's tape?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You might also consider chalk or water colors.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

As the mother of two toddlers, I've had great luck removing tempera paint from walls. And upholstery. And woodwork. And...

:)

Try your local craft supply store. But also, be prepared to repaint the walls, because the longer you leave something on a surface, the more likely it is to permanently stain.

Donna

Reply to
Donna

I see this is your first apartment. When your lease is up, you will repaint for free for your lanlord, right. Or don`t mess with his walls. He deserves, and demands, in your lease to get them back the way you received them, clean and looking good. Buy a house or drawing paper, geeze, your going to be a great tennant.

Reply to
m Ransley

Oh, the frustration of unexpressed talent .. :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Be prepared to prime the entire wall, first, too, or the calligraphy stuff will flash.

Check your lease. The landlord or his or her employs will need to come in to fix plumbing, etc. sometimes, you know. It will likely be seen.

Why don't you just put up a big canvas and do it??

Banty

Reply to
Banty

forget about using any liquid paint of any kind. most anything (actually, everything) will leave a mark permanently on the wall/sheetrock/etc. And, using painter's tape (blue, green. whatever) is NO GOOD EITHER. after about a week, the adhesive becomes permanent (like regular masking tape). The ONLY way to go is make some kind of wall decals and use pins (like small safety pins) to stick things on the wall. or, got to places such as

etc. (or just google "removable wall decals" to find materials that you can use to do the calligraphy/graphics you want)

Reply to
googleit

Try Tempora Paint

Reply to
barbarow

Latex paint absorbs stains pretty easily. I would not put tempera or any other paint on the wall. Pinning up a canvas or paper could be done with minimal damage to the wall. I know of no paint the would be sure to leave no residue or stain.

Reply to
Norminn

Just buy some big-ass sheets of art board, paint them the same color as the wall, and paint your designs on those. Then hang the boards on the wall in a way that won't piss off the landlord. Without frames, they will pretty much vanish to the casual glance.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

You also have to assume that the paint currently on the walls is the cheapest bulk flat white paint the landlord can get away with. Even decals designed to be removed are going to leave mark. I've seen super long release tape, but its sick pea green in color.

The lease will always have a clause says what you can put on the walls and how you can paint them. All of my leases stated only flat white paint and small thin nail picture hangers.

I'm th>> Try Tempora Paint

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT VIS A VIS REGULATION OR REGIMEN YOUR LANDLORD MAY HAVE TO PAINT THE WALLS UPON YOUR VACATING THE PREMESIS. I'D LOOK INTO THAT / ASK FIRST.

Reply to
dno

Water colors may work for a few days, but my college experience is that if you leave them up on a cinderblock wall for a whole semester, then the wall won't come totally clean. Even with a scrub brush, and repeated bleaching.

Cost me a re-painting fee, that did. I still don't understand why illustrations from the monster manual (tm) aren't an extra value....

Reply to
Goedjn

Cinder block is tough. Why not get some very large paper and hang it?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Crayola has a variety of paints and markers that are intended to be washed off after use. Whether they stain if they stay up for a long period I don't know. Worth a try, put a mark in an inconspicuous place and see if it washes off in three months and if so you're probably good to go.

Reply to
J. Clarke