A tale of nothingness

Where to start?
A week or two ago, I let it be known I that I had a digitial Robertshaw thermostat for sale on Ebay.
The post sat for a few days, no replies, as would be expected. It was simply a thermostat; look at it, don't look at it.
Alas, someone named snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com simply could not contain his actions any longer.
He simply HAD to reply with a deragatory post. To which I simply HAD to reply. To which PJM simply HAD to reply. To which Bill simply HAD to reply.
Things then got heated, and Paul fell back to his old tricks of issuing cancels on posts that he didn't like.
Together with the help of people who still remember what usenet is for, we were able to stop Paul's cancelling habits.
During the course of all this, an accusation was made that I had sent emails and/or posts to the carolinabreezehvac website.
I never did, and I never would.
Unlike Paul, who sent many messages to my boss stating various things; I simply don't believe that words posted on a newsgroup should cost somone their job; or perhaps should land them in jail, which is a controvesy I'm sure you are all quite familiar with.
Anywhoo - I sent an email to snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com; telling hin that I never sent any messages to his website, or his companies email address, and that if any did arrive there, they were not sent by me.
Then, I receive a few messages from snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com; asking who this steve fellow is. Strange thing is, if you look at a few usenet headers, snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com and snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com seem to be the same person.
Then I receive several messages from snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com, asking who these Steve and Paul people are that I referring to.
After a few emails traded back and forth between myself and snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com; I told him/her that it was all a misunderstanding, and to please let the matter drop.
Here is where it gets interesting, if perhaps a bit confusing.
I receive a message from snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com, asking who these Steve and Paul fellows are, and that he is worried about the reputation of his company being damaged.
I sent several replies; the overall point being/asking that I thought no action should be taken against Steve; that the internet is the internet, real life is real life; however there are a few people who can't seem to keep the two seperated.
Then, I took a visit to carolinabreezehvac.com;. where I saw that the fellow I had received the email from ( snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com) was the CEO of the company, as stated on the "contact us" page.
I felt it appropriate to the contact Mr. Wilson to clear the air via a phone call.
Strange thing I found out on the call:
Peter Wilson is not the CEO of carolinabreezehvac.com, at least according to the wife of the owner.
To say she was shocked when I pointed her to her own company website....... and she saw for herself who the "CEO" was..... would be quite an understaement.
To date, I have no idea who the following people are, or if they even exist:
snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com
If anyone can clarify this, I would be most appreciative.
Matt
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:42:41 GMT, "Paulie Points"

Do you have phone numbers of the 'real' CEO or their family? Please post them here as I'm sick of the vulgar comments.

Seems the boys at alt.home.repair have your number too. LOL
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

scribbled:

Someone let me know when I'm supposed to give a shit.
--
Want to propose a newsgroup? Browse these links for help:
http://www.faqs.org/usenet/alt /
Paulie Points wrote:

Why do people feed into threads that have no intention other than to stir up ill feelings?
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com
scribbled:

What the fuck do you care?
--
Want to propose a newsgroup? Browse these links for help:
http://www.faqs.org/usenet/alt /

You are a shit

Who the fuck claims he does punk mouth
Fuck you Hawk and the donkey you rode in on scumbag.
P.S. That donkey is going to wear your asshole out (yours and your mother's) you faggot.
scribbled:

MFA, where'd you scurry off to? People were looking forward to laughing at you and you, typically, disappeared....
--
Want to propose a newsgroup? Browse these links for help:
http://www.faqs.org/usenet/alt /
scribbled:

Good lord, you're boring AND illiterate....
--
Want to propose a newsgroup? Browse these links for help:
http://www.faqs.org/usenet/alt /
and not saying a word, and at 5:18pm where you dug for personal information.
So far, all I have done is ask for your companies lawyer.
Jeff thought it was a joke. Jokes on you.
I dont care what you do...if anything, I might ought to thank you for allowing those that cant stand straight forward, no bullshit answers to killfile me and those that didnt continue asking, and getting real answers to their problems answered. Notice, I dont tell those with legitimate questions to go fuck themselves..just you and your failure to follow a simple guideline.
Please tell Jeff that I have printed every contact with you..the real ones....not your imaginary ones, and all your posts. Hes either gonna get em by fax, or by registered letter...or both, but he will know what you have done. I dont claim to be perfect, or an angel, but you are a new class of fucking idiot. Its USENET for Gods sake..and the ALT section at that.. Me...Im gonna sit back and continue to use this as I have for over 15 years, only this time, you made it personal. Deal with the fallout.

The best way to deal with these moronic refugees from alt. hvac is to put them, and all of their respondents in a thread, into your killfile.
Instantly restores alt.home.repair to its normal, rational and friendly state. Works extremely well.
--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

Make up your freaky little bird shit mind are you being runaway from or stalked. Jeez what a simple minded twit you are.

You sure worry about some strange shit. Don't you have anything better to do? Try watching TV.