A plea for sympathy and my new wood floors!

Yes, it had to happen to me. I just finished putting on the last piece of quarter round in the finish stages of my new solid oak floor in the kitchen and while I was out in the garage putting up my tools, my wife flooded the kitchen! All I can say is the floor finish looks shinier when wet! Yes some of the water was tears, mine and hers!
Bravo
Darwin is alive and well.
ouch-check your insurance...
Yes, it had to happen to me. I just finished putting on the last piece of quarter round in the finish stages of my new solid oak floor in the kitchen and while I was out in the garage putting up my tools, my wife flooded the kitchen! All I can say is the floor finish looks shinier when wet! Yes some of the water was tears, mine and hers!
Bravo
Darwin is alive and well.
BRAVO52 wrote:

Wood floors in Kitchens and Bathrooms in my opinion are a bad idea. It is unavoidable, water will invade these areas and wood and water are never a good match.
Think about tile?
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

In a bathroom, I agree, because water isn't just inevitable but frequent. In a kitchen, I don't. Solid wood with a decent finish should be able to take an occasional deluge just fine, as long as you clean it up quickly.
snipped-for-privacy@uri.edu wrote:

Key works: Clean up quickly. I've seen diswashers leak over night and the next morning, warped and useless floor. The first thing I look at is what kind of floor a customer has if I do plumping in their kitchen. I make double sure the connections are solid and don't leak a drop. I stick around for more than the usual time just to be sure.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I would hope you'd do that no matter what flooring is present or you shouldn't be "plumping" anything.

Alan wrote:

Hey Alan SCREW YOU! IT'S ABOUT BEING DOUBLE SURE WHEN A WOOD FLOOR IS INVOLVED. And I've never had a problem or come back that was my fault. Now Kohler on the other hand is another story. Kiss my ass Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

tile is soooooooooo much better when wet!
On 25 Jan 2004 15:23:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BRAVO52) wrote:

Like the first ding in a new car, it was gonna happen sometime. Sinclair Lewis's wife was said to have deliberately kicked and nicked new furniture so it wouldn't appear she was afraid of it. :-)
You *do* have my sympathy, however. Think of it as a christening.
Consider an auto main shutoff, they work with sensors , but i beleive there is one type that doesnt, im not sure on the sensorless type